24 Mantra Organic Masoor Dal, 2(pack), 8 lb
Contains 2 packets 4 pounds each.
24 mantra organic masoor dal is a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine and is very rich in fiber and protein. Red lentils have a particularly nutty aroma and a slightly mealy consistency. With Red Lentils you can prepare traditional Indian dishes.
Red lentils, also known as Masoor Dal or Lal Masoor, are split and skinned Whole Brown Lentils. They are pink when raw and turn golden or yellow when cooked with Haldi. This legume cooks faster than other dals and can also be prepared in a pot instead of in a pressure cooker. In this case, it has to be soaked for an hour and then boiled with lots of water for easy cooking.
- Lentils have a short cooking time and excellently absorb the flavor of the other ingredients.
- In-ground form, lentil flour is also used for papadum or papad dough.
- Delicious khichdi can also be prepared by adding masoor dal, rice, and spices.
- It can also be served as a soup when some vegetables or meat/ chicken is added to it.
- It is used to make a vegetable stew.
Disclaimer: Organic Pantry sells a variety of Organic Indian groceries. The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. The actual product may vary due to product enhancement. Images/packaging/ labels may vary from time to time due to changes made by the manufacturer's manufacturing batch and location. The product description is for information purposes only and may contain additional ingredients. Read more here.