24 Mantra Organic Mustard Seeds Big, 7 oz
Mustard seeds are used mainly for the tempering of dals and vegetables and have a pungent taste. They are the main ingredient either whole or crushed, for Indian pickles in oil. Mustard seeds are used as a spice and condiment throughout India giving the curry or dry dish a unique flavor.
Mustard seeds are added to heated oil and allowed to pop before any other ingredient is added. It is used with curry leaves and masalas to season potatoes and other vegetables prepared as a dry dish, or as a tadka that is added to sambar, dals, coconut, or tomato chutney. In Bengal, the seeds are also ground to a paste (sometimes in combination with yellow mustard) and used in various curries.
- Mustard seeds are a good source of Magnesium, Omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, iron, etc.
- They stimulate the appetite by increasing salivation
- They are said to help reduce the severity of asthma
- Mustard seeds are believed to help decrease some of the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- They are considered good for stomach disorders and even believed to be cancer-preventive
- In Ayurveda, mustard is used to balance the three ‘doshas’ – pitta, Vata and Kapha
- It is also considered good for promoting healthy hair and skin
Disclaimer: The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. The actual product may vary due to product enhancement. Images/packaging/ labels may vary from time to time due to changes made by the manufacturer's manufacturing batch and location. The product description is for information purposes only and may contain additional ingredients. Read more here.