24 Mantra Organic Turmeric Powder, 7 oz
Turmeric powder is mostly used in Indian and Indonesian cuisine. This yellow powder gives a bitter aromatic flavor and a yellow color to your dish. Turmeric is also known as Haldi, Koenjit, Kunyit, Curcuma or Kurkuma. Turmeric has been a popular spice in India for over 4000 years. Turmeric is probably the most basic ingredient in Indian cooking. It is used in practically every dish adding color and health. Turmeric’s medicinal qualities are probably what makes it such a popular culinary ingredient.
Turmeric is not only valued for its mild bitter spiciness but also for its beautiful golden yellow color and its medicinal properties. Haldi (Turmeric) Powder gives your curry or rice dish a beautiful yellow color and a spicy flavor. Use Haldi (Turmeric) Powder for pilaf and dal dishes (a dish made from lentils), and your curries with vegetables, meat, or seafood.
- It helps improve digestion and maintains the flora of the intestine
- It is considered good for the liver
- It has antibacterial properties and is said to heal minor cuts and wounds.
- Pressing a pinch of Haldi on kitchen cuts will stop the bleeding
- Haldi lends a wonderful, woody aroma and flavor to dals, vegetables, meat, poultry, and seafood dishes.
- Haldi is used in Pilau Rice to provide the golden color and is also a basic ingredient of curry powder.
Disclaimer: The product images shown may represent the range of products, or be for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product. The actual product may vary due to product enhancement. Images/packaging/ labels may vary from time to time due to changes made by the manufacturer's manufacturing batch and location. The product description is for information purposes only and may contain additional ingredients. Read more here.