- Pomfret 500 Gm
- Salt to taste
- Lime juice 2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1 Tsp
- Oil 100 ml
- Onions 200 Gm
- Ginger 1 Inch
- Garlic 8- 10 Cloves
- Green chilly 5-8 No’s
- Coconut 119 Gm
- Tamarind 2 Tsp
- Green coriander 1 Bunch
- Clean, wash and cut fish into 1-inch thick pieces – on the bone.
- Apply salt, lime juice and half the turmeric.
- Slice onions thinly. Slit green chilies. Cut ginger and garlic in juliennes.
- Chop green coriander finely. Prepare tamarind pulp.
- Grate coconuts. Grind to a smooth paste and take out two extracts.
- Heat oil. Sauté onions. Add ginger-garlic-green chilies and remaining turmeric.
- Add second extract of coconut and bring it to a boil.
- Add fish pieces and simmer.
- When the fish is almost done, add first extract, tamarind pulp and adjust salt.
- Serve hot garnished with green coriander.
← Older Post
Newer Post →