- Seviyan (fine vermicelli) 1 kg
- Milk 2 Lt
- Sugar 1 Kg
- Saffron 1 Gms
- Mawa 500 gms
- Pistachio 20 gms
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Soak the saffron in a little warm milk to release the color and aroma
- Break the vermicelli into 3 inch pieces
- Grate the mava
- Blanch and cut the pistachio into slivers
- Heat the milk and bring it to a boil.. Simmer on a slow fire to thicken the milk
- When the milk has reduced and thickened, add the sugar and the vermicelli and cook further for another 20 minutes.
- Stir in the mava and the saffron
- Remove from the fire and allow to cool. Add cardamom powder.
- Serve warm garnished with slivers of pistachio.
← Older Post
Newer Post →